OnCampus Plus: Residential Life
Residence halls will be open with adjustments including extra safety protocols.
Based on guidance from New York State, all rooms will now be single or double occupancy. Roommates will be treated as “family units." In order to keep our residence halls safe, only resident students will be allowed in these designated spaces, no outside or overnight guests will be allowed.
Refer to your residential student handbook for more information about new policies, including required mask-wearing, adjusted move-in procedures, and regular required COVID-19 surveillance testing.
The overall capacity for student residences in Dobbs Ferry and Manhattan is still being determined; however, we will work with you to best meet your housing needs.
We will inform all students of expectations and responsibilities for keeping themselves and the community safe. We will be updating our handbook and guidelines.
Additional details will be available soon. Please continue to check back here.
We want you to have a wonderful and memorable semester, and to make that happen we will be implementing new safety procedures for students:
- Enhanced safety measures will include: health checks, face masks and enhanced cleaning
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the residences, especially at highly trafficked areas.
- Only residential students allowed in residential areas
Student move-in dates and times will be staggered to reduce the number of contacts throughout the move-in process. Check your Mercy email for more information and to signup for your appointment.
- All students must schedule a move-in date and time in advance of returning to campus. Please Click Here to schedule your move-in.
- All students must submit a negative COVID-19 test prior to returning to campus in accordance with the following guidelines:
- If you are returning from outside NY and the contiguous states (NJ, CT, MA, PA, VT) you must submit your negative test result (PCR or Rapid Antigen) taken within 3 days prior to your arrival on campus and submit your negative result through this portal:https://mercy.formstack.com/forms/general_form?sso=5fe258f5b901d.
- If you are returning from NY, NJ, CT, MA, PA, or VT you must submit your negative test result (PCR or Rapid Antigen) taken within 7 days prior to your arrival on campus and submit your negative result through this portal:https://mercy.formstack.com/forms/general_form?sso=5fe258f5b901d.
- Please be sure to include your name and date of birth on your test results
Students who receive a positive test result will not be permitted to return to campus. Please inform the Student Health Office at HealthOffice@mercy.edu with this information.
Students who do not provide the results of a negative test prior to their return will not be permitted into the residential area and will be required to return home until they can provide the results of a negative test.