Get More Info


Center for Global Engagement

  • Information about the Study Abroad program is found at
  • Complete the application for the study abroad program and the Mercy College application found at
  • Review your financial aid package for the semester you will study abroad. Speak to your advisor to increase package if needed. Tuition will be paid to Mercy College. You are responsible for living expenses and fees at host university (ex. room and board).
  • If you are living on campus, you must give Residential Life advanced notice that you will be leaving to study abroad in order to reserve your room for the semester you return.
  • Review your Degree Audit with your PACT Mentor and make a list of courses that you need in order to graduate from Mercy College. Select courses from the university’s catalog that meet the requirements for your Major or courses that will meet your Gen Ed/Elective requirements. Obtain approval from your PACT Mentor to apply for these courses.
  • Select at least 6-8 courses that you could take. Complete the Permission for Transfer of Credits form and and submit to Dr. Gersh. Make sure you list the Mercy equivalent for each course. Use one form for each class. Application, registration, and clearance deadlines: Everything should be signed, sealed, and delivered to Dr. Gersh before December 1 (for Spring) and April 15th (for Fall).
  • Make sure you have a Passport, travel insurance and medical insurance before you leave for the program. Your Passport must be valid for 6 months past period of intended stay abroad. (For example, if you are returning to the US on January 4, your passport needs to expire on or after July 4.)
  • If you don’t have health insurance for international travel, the College has insurance available through iNext for $125 for the semester. Contact Dr. Gersh ( for more information.
  • Enroll in the STEP program. Complete the application found at and the FERPA form
  • Submit the required forms --Emergency Contact Information form, the Notarized Mercy College waiver, and a copy of your Passport-- to Dr. Gersh.
  • Obtain a visa from the country’s Consulate in NYC or one that is located in the region where you reside. Information is found at the Center website.
  • Attend the Pre-Departure Orientation.