Mathematics Education Intensive Residency Program (MEIRPro)
Attention: United States Veterans, Become a Math Teacher
Join Mercy University for a unique career and scholarship opportunity. Earn a tuition-free Master of Science degree in Mathematics Education funded by the National Science Foundation. Mercy is looking for ten veterans with strong math backgrounds to qualify for a full scholarship in a 14-month master's degree program.
The program will run from June 2, 2021 - August 9, 2022.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor's Degree including a minimum of 24 credits in mathematics and a GPA of 3.0
- Commitment to teach two years in a high-needs school
This scholarship and career program provides US Veterans with:
- $32,800 in scholarship support to cover the full cost of tuition
- 36 graduate credits graduate coursework at Mercy University, Dobbs Ferry, NY
- 140 days of clinical internship in a Yonkers public secondary school under the mentorship of an experienced math secondary school teacher
- A Mercy University faculty member to provide professional mentoring and onsite classroom support for the academic year
- Professional support to prepare for teacher certification examinations
- On-site Mentoring and online follow-up support during the first and second years of teaching