We’re committed to making sure your transition is as seamless as possible, so you can complete your degree and get started on building the career you’ve been dreaming of.
Proudly Enrolling Our Nation's Heroes
Mercy College offers courses specifically designed for armed forces members and military veterans who wish to advance their education or career during and after their service. Mercy College is an accredited, four-year private college that enables students to earn an undergraduate or graduate degree from over 90 program and certificate choices.
Our degree programs have been designed to meet the needs of even the most demanding schedule in an affordable, flexible and individual approach, with special emphasis on distance learning, service relevant programs and second career paths.
Mercy College offers active service members and veterans a number of advantages, including: professional mentors, flexible study options and an affordable, high-quality private education. In addition to being one of the most cost-efficient private colleges in the nation, Mercy College advisors work closely with military students to ensure that they receive optimal military and veteran education benefits.
A Top Choice for Veterans and Their Families
Mercy College is designated as a Yellow Ribbon School and “Best of the Best” Top Veteran-Friendly Schools for U.S. Veteran’s Magazine.
10 Steps to Success
10 steps our military students, veterans and family dependents can use to ensure that the transition into college life is smooth and successful.
Mercy Education Highlights for Veterans
- 90+ undergraduate and graduate degree programs and 25+ degrees offered online, including: Corporate and Homeland Security, Cybersecurity, Business, Nursing, Health Services Management and Human Resource Management
- Department of Veterans Affairs "Yellow Ribbon" School designation
- Maximized credit awards for military training, transfer credits and military exams
- One of the lowest private tuition rates in New York
- A streamlined transfer credit evaluation process to facilitate your transition
- Career experts who will help you secure job opportunities and internships
- Flexible course offerings, including day, evening, weekend and online classes
The college will readmit a service member with the same academic status as he/she had when last attending the school or accepted for admission to the school.
Mathematics Education Intensive Residency Program
From the military to Mercy to math teacher. With the Mathematics Education Intensive Residency Program (MEIRPRO), earn a tuition-free Master of Science degree in Mathematics Education funded by the National Science Foundation.
For more information or to apply, contact:
Professor William Farber
Program Director, Mercy College
- GI Bill® Website
- Online GI Bill® Application
- GI Bill® WAVE System
- US Department of Veterans Affairs Facilities Locator & Directory
- National Archives, Request DD214
- National Resource Directory
- Department of Defense
- VA Home Loans
- Phone Numbers:
- VA Benefits Hotline (800) 827-1000
- VA Education and Training Hotline (888) 442-4551
- Student Veterans of America
- Campus Kit for Student Veterans
- Veterans Resource Guide
- From Combat to College Guide
New York State
- New York State Veterans Tuition Awards
- New York State Division of Veterans Affairs
- Phone Number:
- (888) VETS-NYS
Military Veteran Benefit Options
Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
This grant is funded by the National Science Foundation.
Grant award: 1557307