Transfer Admissions Requirements
Mercy College offers rolling admissions for students transferring from another college. Our priority application deadlines are March 15 for fall admissions and December 15 for spring admissions. All required documents must be received before an admission decision can be made.
Admission decisions for fall are released beginning on, or about, October 15 and on a rolling basis thereafter. Applicants are typically notified of their admission decision within two weeks of completing the application.
First Time, Domestic Transfer Requirements
- Submit an online application via:
- Official high school transcripts from all high schools attended
- Official college transcripts from all colleges attended
- Special program requirements
The following programs require special program review and have additional requirements:
- Accelerated Second Degree Nursing
- Traditional Nursing
- Veterinary Technology
- Music Production and Recording Arts
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Social Work
Please note: Unofficial and/or student copies of transcripts can be used for a preliminary review for admission and transfer credit evaluation. Official copies must be received before the start of a student’s first term to avoid delays in registration and financial aid eligibility/disbursement.
International Transfer Requirements
Please refer to the international admission webpage for more information.
Homeschool and Online School Requirements
Transfer students that were homeschooled or attended an online high school may apply for undergraduate admission at Mercy College will be required to provide additional proof of high school equivalency in the form of a GED, or equivalent, in order to enroll at the College. All other requirements remain the same.
We make sure every credit transfers
We know how important it is to have your credits transfer over and be applied toward your specific program. We’ve created Transfer Credit Max so you can get a customized idea at how we can apply your credits and help you to see how quickly you can finish your degree at Mercy.
Once you are accepted, the Transfer Team in our Student Services Support Center (SSSC) will carefully evaluate your college transcripts, test scores and other documents for equivalent transfer credits.
Submit Documents to Complete Application
You can login to your application portal at: https://apply.mercy.edu/apply/.
- Students that applied using the Mercy College online application can use the same credentials created when applying.
- Students that applied using The Common Application, and have not previously logged in, are emailed login instructions after their application is received and processed.
- Once logged in, you can use the prompts to upload required and optional documentation
While it is highly preferred that applicants send all of their supporting documents online you can mail supporting documentation to the following address:
Office of Admissions
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
Take the Next Step
Reach out to schedule a visit or apply today. We're waiting to hear from you.