The Catalyst Program by Mercy University
Complete Support for a Bright Future
Sometimes all you need to create meaningful change are the right elements and a spark.
The Catalyst Program by Mercy University is a revolutionary initiative meant to jumpstart students’ college careers. With a combination of our institution's know how, additional financial supports, and the power of 360 degree mentoring, our students are set up for maximum success both during their time at Mercy and beyond.
More Than Just Financial Aid
The Catalyst Program provides the necessary components that allow students to focus purely on their studies, by meeting their full financial need, while also covering transportation, meals while on campus, laptops and hotspots.
Offered Exclusively At Our Bronx Campus
Our Bronx Campus has something for everyone. The campus offers a vibrant community with many student clubs, organizations and built in support systems.
Additional Program Details
Those eligible for the program will either be able to let us know their interest in the program when they apply, or be contacted by Mercy University.
Once you have received an invitation to apply, you will need to complete a short Catalyst application.
To be eligible for the program students will need to:
- New York State resident
- Pell and TAP eligible
- High school GPA: 75 - 85
- Starting in Fall 2024 as an incoming Freshman
- Interested in earning their degree in Business, Education (all 4+1 Options) or Social Work
- All program and coursework must be completed at the Bronx campus
- Full financial need, up to full-time tuition and comprehensive fee will be met
- Transportation grant up to $1,000/year added to financial aid award (financial need required)
- Part of a learning community. Students will take classes and utilized support services with teammates in the program.
- Students will have a set schedule of classes 3 days per week
- Lunch will be provided each day they are on campus
- Students can earn professional certificates, an Associate's Degree and a Bachelor's degree
- Career-focused curriculum and support services with internship and job placement support
- A dedicated faculty Advisor and PACT Mentor
- 30 credit guarantee (per year) - students can make up credits in summer free of charge