- Professor, Psychology
- School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- MaH B01
- (914) 674-7681
Lisa Ecklund-Flores has been a full-time faculty member in the Department of Psychology since 2004; she began at Mercy College as an adjunct professor in 1997. She was awarded tenure in 2010 and promoted to full professor in 2018. She also served as the Program Director for the graduate Psychology program at Mercy College from 2005 – 2016.
Specializing in fetal and newborn response to sound, Dr. Ecklund-Flores has published several research studies in the journal Developmental Psychobiology, along with a variety of book chapters and presentations at conferences for the International Society for Developmental Psychobiology and the International Society for Infant Studies. Dr. Ecklund-Flores is dedicated to supporting student research and has created research opportunities for dozens of Mercy students at NYSPI and mentored scores of student research projects at Mercy College. She promotes a seminar-style atmosphere in her classes, prioritizing the students’ voices in discussion.
Dr. Ecklund-Flores is also the founder of Church Street School for Music and Art in lower Manhattan and served as the Executive Director there from 2000-2021.
- 1995-1997 - Post-doctoral Fellow at New York State Psychiatric Institute – Columbia University
- 1995 - Doctorate in Developmental Psychology - The City University of New York Graduate Center
- 1992 - Master's Degree in Psychology - Hunter College
- 1980 - Bachelor's Degree / Board-Certified Music Therapist - The State University of New York at Fredonia