Business Administration: International Business Overview
Develop the foundation you need to understand international business as well as political and cultural diversity. With globalization, businesses all over are being forced to rethink their competitive strategies. Our bachelor's degree in International Business prepares you to do business globally.
You'll learn from highly esteemed faculty comprised of business leaders with years of international experience. You will travel to business capitals around the world, like London, Hong Kong and New York.
International business graduates may seek positions such as: translator, foreign currency investment advisor and foreign sales representative.
The Mercy Advantage
- Opportunities for global business trips to Europe, Asia, and Middle East
- Executive faculty with real world experience
- Affordable tuition & scholarships available
- 30 minutes from Manhattan by train, bus or car
- Manhattan campus in Herald Square
- Fortune 500 network
Learn by Doing: Travel Abroad
Check out our Mercy University students learning international business by actually traveling the world. From China to London, our students get real-world experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Full-time students can complete the 120-credit degree program in four years.
Click on "Apply Now" on the Mercy homepage or call 1.877.MERCY.GO to apply for admission to Mercy University and arrange for an appointment with an Admissions Counselor. Bring your completed application form and copies of your high school and/or college transcripts with you at the time of your appointment.
Yes, the program is offered completely online.
Program Details & Curriculum
Bachelor of Science
General Liberal Arts and Sciences
General Education Requirements: 60 Credits
ECON 125, 220, 221, and 230, MATH 116 and MATH/CISC 120 or MATH/CISC 131 are prerequisites for the major and must be used to fulfill general education requirements.
Core and Specialization
Business Administration Core: 30 Credits
Specialization: 18 Credits
Open Electives: 12 Credits
Total: 120 Credits
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Evaluate the effects of globalization on the business environment
- Recognize and evaluate ethical issues in business
- Utilize business concepts, methods, procedures, and management information systems to facilitate strategic planning and decision making
- Use oral, written, and presentation skills to communicate effectively in the professional business environment
- Function effectively as team members and, where appropriate, as team leaders
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental principles and key concepts in international business
- Assess the legal, economic, and social aspects of an international business decision
Download a copy of the sequence map for:
- 2022 - 2023 B.S. Business Administration: International Business
- 2021 - 2022 B.S. Business Administration: International Business
- 2021 - 2022 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- 2020 - 2021 B.S. Business Administration: International Business
- 2020 - 2021 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- 2019 - 2020 B.S. Business Administration: International Business
- 2019 - 2020 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- VIC 100