Bachelor of Science Business Administration: Marketing 120 Credits | School of Business | Bronx, Dobbs Ferry & Manhattan
Business Administration: Marketing B.S.
In our cutting-edge marketing program, you will learn theory, gain real-world experience and build a professional network.
As a marketing major, you’ll learn everything from advertising to e-commerce, the fastest growing area of marketing today. Career opportunities in marketing are plentiful with a continued positive employment growth rate forecasted. You’ll learn cutting-edge, innovative marketing techniques sure to help you stand out from the competition.
Career opportunities in marketing are plentiful with a continued positive employment growth rate forecasted. Students learn the latest cutting-edge and innovative marketing techniques designed to give them an advantage over their competition and to enhance their career path.
Marketing graduates may seek positions such as: account executive, art director, copywriter, creative manager, market researcher, marketing manager, media planner, web management and sales representative.
What You'll Get
The Mercy Advantage
- The Center for Online Marketing (.COM) specializing in web design, search optimization, and social media advertising
- Take part in national competitions to build online skills
- Gain knowledge of cutting-edge marketing techniques
- Access to Fortune 500 Network
- Advisory Board Members - Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yahoo
Future Business Leaders Academy
This year's Future Business Leaders Academy was our most successful yet. The highly select group chosen to join us at Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry, NY learned about personal branding, matching their personalities to career paths, and visited some of the top global corporations in New York.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does earning a degree take?
Full-time students can complete the 120-credit degree program in four years.
Are department faculty available for academic advising?
Yes, faculty are always ready to help students with questions about what courses to take, the sequencing of courses, and career opportunities, including internships and cooperative education.
Program Details & Curriculum
Bachelor of Science
General Liberal Arts and Sciences
General Education Requirements: 60 Credits
ECON 125, 220, 221, and 230, MATH 116 and MATH/CISC 120 or MATH/CISC 131 are prerequisites for the major and must be used to fulfill general education requirements.
Core and Specialization
Business Administration Core: 30 Credits
Specialization: 18 Credits
Open Electives: 12 Credits
Total: 120 Credits
Business Administration Core
Students who choose the major concentration in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing must complete:
- ACCT 120 Intro to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 121 Intro to Management Accounting
- ECON 210 Bus Report Writ & Presentation
- FINC 235 Financial Management
- INBU 250 International Business
- BLAW 240 Business Law I or ENTR 250 Social Entrepreneurship
- MGMT 225 Principles of Management
- MGMT 255 Info Systems for Mgmnt or ACCT 261 Computer App for Accountants
- MGMT 340 Organizational Behavior or ANLC 250 Introduction to Data Analytics
- MKTG 220 Principles of Marketing
Select for the following five courses
- MKTG 344 Advertising
- MKTG 345 Digital Marketing
- MKTG 348 Art of Selling
- MKTG 350 Entertainment Marketing
- MKTG 442 Marketing Management
- MKTG 450 Applied Research Analysis in Marketing (mandatory for specialization)
- MGMT 460 Strategic Management (senior-level capstone course - mandatory)
Any five courses
* There is a 15-credit residency requirement in the major, which must be satisfied by Business Administration courses numbered 295 or above.
Students who do not have full-time jobs should try to use their open electives for internship
Academic Sequence Map
Download a copy of the sequence map for:
- 2019 - 2020 Business Administration: Marketing B.S. Sequence Map
- 2019 - 2020 Business Administration B.S./MBA Sequence Map
- 2018 - 2019 Business Administration: Marketing B.S. Sequence Map
- 2018 - 2019 Business Administration B.S./MBA Sequence Map
- 2017 - 2018 Business Administration: Marketing B.S. Sequence Map
- 2017 - 2018 Business Administration B.S./MBA Sequence Map