Business Administration: Marketing B.S.
Marketers strengthen the relationship between brands and customers, and craft communication that tell the brand's story, convey value and drive brand growth.
At Mercy students learn the latest cutting-edge and innovative marketing techniques designed to give them an advantage over their competition and to enhance their career path. Areas of study include: marketing strategy, advertising, analytics, media, sales management and market research.
Career opportunities in marketing are plentiful with a continued positive employment growth rate forecasted.
Marketing graduates may seek positions such as: account executive, art director, copywriter, creative manager, market researcher, marketing manager, media planner, web management and sales representative.
The Mercy Advantage
- Take part in national competitions to build online skills
- Gain knowledge of cutting-edge marketing techniques
- Access to Fortune 500 Network
- Advisory Board Members - Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yahoo
At the end of this program, students should be able to:
Evaluate the effects of globalization on the business environment
Recognize and evaluate ethical issues in business
Utilize business concepts, methods, procedures, and management information systems to facilitate strategic planning and decision making
Use oral, written, and presentation skills to communicate effectively in the professional business environment
Function effectively as team members and, where appropriate, as team leaders
Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental principles and key concepts in marketing
Assess the legal, economic, and social aspects of a marketing decision
Future Business Leaders Academy
This year's Future Business Leaders Academy was our most successful yet. The highly select group chosen to join us at Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry, NY learned about personal branding, matching their personalities to career paths, and visited some of the top global corporations in New York.
Frequently Asked Questions
Full-time students can complete the 120-credit degree program in four years.
Yes, faculty are always ready to help students with questions about what courses to take, the sequencing of courses, and career opportunities, including internships and cooperative education.
Program Details & Curriculum
Bachelor of Science
General Liberal Arts and Sciences
General Education Requirements: 60 Credits
ECON 125, ECON 220, ECON 221, and ECON 230, MATH 116 and MATH 120/CISC 120 or MATH 131/CISC 131 are Prerequisites for the major and must be used to fulfill general education requirements.
Core and Specialization
Business Administration Core: 30 Credits
Specialization: 18 Credits
Open Electives: 12 Credits
Total: 120 Credits
Download a copy of the sequence map for:
- 2022 - 2023 B.S. Business Administration: Marketing
- 2022 - 2023 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- 2021 - 2022 B.S. Business Administration: Marketing
- 2021 - 2022 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- 2020 - 2021 B.S. Business Administration: Marketing
- 2020 - 2021 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- 2019 - 2020 B.S. Business Administration: Marketing
- 2019 - 2020 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- 2018 - 2019 B.S. Business Administration: Marketing
- 2018 - 2019 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- VIC 100