Bachelor of Science Corporate and Homeland Security 120 Credits | School of Business | Bronx, Dobbs Ferry & Online
NOTE: This program is not accepting new students as of fall 2020.
Corporate and Homeland Security Overview
Protect our national infrastructure from terrorism and other criminal threats . . .
Learn what you need to be successful in an expanding and dynamic field playing a role in virtually every business and government field. Mercy College's Bachelor of Science degree in Corporate and Homeland Security Management is a 4-year degree offered through the School of Business. It is the first undergraduate degree of its kind, designed to provide a comprehensive background for students interested in pursuing professional managerial careers in the private or public sectors where business and security skills coexist.
Graduates may seek positions such as: public safety (Police/Fire/EMS), criminal justice, emergency management, federal law enforcement, government service (local, state, federal), cybersecurity, national security intelligence, U.S. defense and armed forces, and corporate security.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is this degree unique to other Homeland Security degrees?
It’s multidisciplinary. Which means it offers courses in business and security concepts.
How long does earning a degree take?
Full-time students can complete the 120-credit degree program in four years.
Are department faculty available for academic advising?
Yes, faculty are always ready to help students with questions about what courses to take, the sequencing of courses, and career opportunities, including internships and cooperative education.
Program Details & Curriculum
General Liberal Arts and Sciences
General Education Requirements: 60 Credits
ECON 230 is a prerequisite for the major and must be used to fulfill general education requirements
Major Concentration—Core: 21 Credits
Concentration Courses: 18 Credits
Open Electives: 21 Credits
Total: 120 Credits
Corporate and Homeland Security Core
Students who choose the major concentration in Corporate and Homeland Security must complete:
- CHSC 120 Investigative Tech & Reporting
- CHSC 140 Intro to Homeland Security, Public Safety and Terrorism
- CHSC 235 Foundations Risk Management
- CHSC 245 Legal Aspects Security Mgmt
- ECON 210 Bus Report Writ & Presentation
- MGMT 225 Principles of Management
- MGMT 255 Info Systems for Mgmnt
Corporate and Homeland Security *
- CHSC 315 Terrorism
- CHSC 350 Security Crisis Management
- CHSC 435 Advanced Risk Management
- CHSC 445 Hmlnd Dfns Struc/Nat Incd Mgmt
- MGMT 340 Organizational Behavior
- SOCL 255 Managing Human Conflict I
Any seven courses
* There is a 15-credit residency requirement in the major concentration of Corporate and Homeland Security, which must be satisfied by Corporate and Homeland Security (CHSC) courses.