Master of Science Educational Administration 36 Credits | School of Education | Bronx, Dobbs Ferry, Manhattan & Online
Educational Administration Overview
Our Master of Science in Educational Administration allows former teachers and other eligible school personnel to elevate their careers. Graduates are qualified to pursue the School Building Certificate and the School District Leader Certificate, which will allow them to work in a range of administrative and supervisory positions.
With a degree in Educational Administration graduates are eligible for positions including:
- Assistant principal
- Executive director
- Staff developer
- Curriculum supervisor
- Assistant superintendent
Online Courses Available
Offers students flexible scheduling to fit their busy schedules
For education administrators for elementary and secondary schools in the New York region
Total Credits to Earn Your Degree
Classes in Using Data for Instruction and Educational Policy and Family and Community Engagement
What We Offer
The Mercy Advantage
- Strong relationships with elementary and secondary schools across New York City and Westchester
- Online course offerings for flexible scheduling
- National Accreditation - NCATE and CAEP
Outside the Classroom
Two semesters of internship let students gain leadership experience and build relationships within our network of partner schools, across New York City and Westchester.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are department faculty available for academic advising?
Yes, faculty are always ready to help students with questions about what courses to take, the sequencing of courses, and career opportunities, including internships and cooperative education.
Do you have online courses?
Yes. Many of our major courses are taught online on a rotating basis.
In addition to coursework, what must be done to earn School Building Leader and School District Leader Certifications?
Students must also pass (or have passed) the Educating All Students Exam and both parts of the School Building Leadership and School District Leadership Exams.
Are there some frequently used links I might need during the application process?
Program Details & Curriculum
Required Program Courses: 36 Credits
Total: 36 Credits
- Successful completion of all course work plus six credits of internship/clinical practice is required
- A 3.0 GPA is required for degree conferral.
- Successful completion of a Taskstream e-portfolio project.
Candidates in the degree programs must also meet with the chair or advisor to plan their courses prior to course registration and to establish a plan of study for degree completion.
Academic Program Sequence Map
Download a copy of the Sequence Map for:
- 2021 -2022 M.S. Educational Administration
- 2020 -2021 M.S. Educational Administration
- 2019-2020 M.S. Educational Administration
- 2018 - 2019 M.S. Educational Administration
- 2017 - 2018 M.S. Educational Administration - Professional - EDAD