New Student Orientation
Make Some Noise
Summer 2020 New Student Orientation
We're so excited to be offering a virtual orientation this summer! Please join us for our Mav Orientation Kick-Off taking place on Saturday, July 18th at 11:30am. You'll have the opportunity to:
- Meet your Orientation Leaders
- Engage with Peer Mentors
- Hear from the President and Vice President of Student Affairs at Mercy
There will also be a schedule of live orientation sessions taking place throughout the summer. These sessions will allow you to learn more about your specific school, equip you with campus resources, and get pumped for student life at Mercy College!
New Student Orientation Guide
Flip through our New Student Orientation Guide, it will be your go to resource with all the info you need when getting started at Mercy College.
Before Your First Day
Important Documents to submit before your first day of class:
- Submit official high school transcript in a sealed envelope including your final grades and graduation date
- Submit final official college transcript(s) including final grades and graduation date (if applicable)
- All students must submit proof of MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccine OR if you are an on-campus resident provide full medical record to satisfy dorm clearance process
- Submit medical record with the meningitis vaccine OR submit the meningitis response form online
- Complete the FAFSA
- Complete the TAP application (if New York State resident)
- If selected for verification, submit verification documents which may include: parent and student W2s, parent and student IRS tax transcripts, and independent or dependent verification worksheet
- Complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling if you are accepting federal Stafford loans
- If eligible for the Federal Work Study (FWS) Program, submit a resume and FWS application on Handshake
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above items, please reach out to your PACT Mentor.