New Student Orientation
Your Next Chapter Starts Now!
Fall 2021 New Student Orientation
We're so excited to be offering virtual and in-person opportunities this summer to help you prepare for your Fall at Mercy College.
Please join us for our Live Virtual New Student Orientation Kick-off on Saturday, July 17 where you will meet some of your new Mercy community members and learn about our fun summer opportunities. Check your email, because you have already received a personalized invite to the main event!
Upcoming 2021 Orientation Events
There's lots more planned for the 2021 New Student Orientation. We hope you'll join us for our upcoming virtual and in-person events throughout the summer. Space is limited, so log onto CampusGroups and let us know you'll be there!
In-Person Orientation Events
August 7, 1 – 4 pm - Field Day at the Dobbs Ferry Campus
August 14, 12 – 3 pm - Outdoor Picnic at the Bronx Campus
July 30, 5:30 pm - Adrienne Warren Concert in Bryant Park
August 5, 12:45 pm - Trip to Governor’s Island (meeting at Governor’s Island Ferry)
August 10, 1 pm – Citibike ride along the Hudson River
August 12, 4 pm – Citibike ride along the Hudson River
Virtual Orientation Events
July 22, 3 - 4 pm: Virtual OL Hangout with Josh and Arleigh!
July 26, 5 - 6 pm Virtual Session: Campus Conversation All About The Bronx
July 29, 10 - 1030 Virtual Session: Get on Track to Get that Job! with Career & Professional Development
July 29, 2 - 3 pm Virtual Session: Campus Conversation All About Manhattan
August 9, 12 - 1 pm: Virtual OL Hangout with Allison & Will: Anime Themed!
August 10, 10 - 10:30 am Virtual Session: What it Means to be a Mav with Community Standards
August 10, 11 - 11:30am Virtual Session: Stay Well, Be Well with the Office of Accessibility and Health & Wellness
August 10, 2:30 - 3:30 pm Virtual Session: All About Study Abroad
August 11, 4 - 4:30 pm Virtual Session: What it means to be a Mav! With Community Standards
August 11, 5 - 6 pm - Virtual Session: Mercy at your Fingertips: Getting to know campus technology with PACT
August 13, 5 - 6 pm Virtual OL Hangout with Jeremy & Vanessa!
August 16, 4 - 5pm Virtual Session: Campus Conversation All About The Bronx
August 17, 10 - 11am - Virtual Session: Global Honors Orientation
August 19, 6 - 7 pm - Virtual Session: Campus Conversation All About Manhattan
August 20, 11:45 - 12:30 pm - Virtual Session: New English Majors Welcome
August 26, 6 - 7:30 pm: Virtual Session: Traditional Nursing Orientation
CampusGroups is our virtual home for all things Campus Life. It is your go-to place for information about campus activities and events throughout your time at Mercy.
You will receive an email invite to CampusGroups in the coming weeks to join our 2021 New Student Orientation section. This is where you can participate in virtual orientation modules and sign up for live virtual and in-person summer opportunities.
If you have any questions or need help logging in, email email@example.com.
Before Your First Day
Important Documents to submit before your first day of class:
- Submit official high school transcript in a sealed envelope including your final grades and graduation date
- Submit final official college transcript(s) including final grades and graduation date (if applicable)
- All students must submit proof of MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccine OR if you are an on-campus resident provide full medical record to satisfy dorm clearance process
- Submit medical record with the meningitis vaccine OR submit the meningitis response form online
- Complete the FAFSA
- Complete the TAP application (if New York State resident)
- If selected for verification, submit verification documents which may include: parent and student W2s, parent and student IRS tax transcripts, and independent or dependent verification worksheet
- Complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling if you are accepting federal Stafford loans
- If eligible for the Federal Work Study (FWS) Program, submit a resume and FWS application on Handshake
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above items, please reach out to your PACT Mentor.