Join the Mav Team
The Division of Student Affairs (DSA) seeks a diverse group of mature and dedicated student leaders to support the mission of the DSA through various leadership roles. As a Mav Team member, you would have the opportunity to be a part of one or more of the following positions:
- Orientation Leader
- Resident Assistant
- College Navigator
Mav Team Student Leaders
The purpose of Orientation is to provide new students with the foundational and necessary information to transition successfully into the Mercy University community, from academic to social settings. Orientation Leaders (OLs) are a team who play a major role in facilitating the adjustment of a diverse group of first-year students, transfer students, and their families to the Mercy University community.
- Work in teams and as individuals to facilitate orientation sessions and activities for new students and their families
- Serve as a positive representative of Mercy University
- Answer questions about social and academic aspects of university life
- Work closely with Orientation staff to develop, prepare, implement and evaluate Orientation programming
Resident Assistants are valuable members of the Office of Residential Life, serving as counselors, advisors, educators, and mentors for the duration of an academic year. The Resident Assistant (RA) is committed to developing an inclusive community that enhances and supports students’ academic, social, and cultural development. The RA will be responsible for enforcing and abiding by all University policies and federal, state, and local laws both on- and off-campus throughout the duration of employment.
RAs will be expected to :
- Manage critical administrative tasks, including duty, incident reports, and programming documentation
- Serve as a positive representative of Mercy University to students and families and are expected to demonstrate good judgment, as well as be knowledgeable about campus resources
- Develop and manage positive interpersonal peer-leader relationships with residents by having ongoing, engaging conversations, discussing and addressing student concerns and problems
- Assess residents’ needs and interests to design and execute experiences that fulfill programming model requirements and enhance the social, educational, and personal development of residents, fostering a sense of belonging
- Respond to personal crises and emergencies of residents with promptness, dependability, and in a manner that shows care and consideration
- Actively encourage and promote involvement in all campus programs and activities
College Navigators are Mercy University student leaders who are trained to enhance the student experience and aid student success. They believe in their ability to simulate personal growth in others and themselves. We recognize their talents as vital for a more active and engaged student community both on and off campus.
Current full-time student in good disciplinary and academic standing (min 2.75 GPA)
- Completion of at least 24 credit hours by the end of the Spring semester.
- Availability without conflicting commitments for all training and specified event dates
- Represent Mercy, in positive and professional manner