Ferdinand A. Esser, D.C.
- Assistant Professor, Health Sciences
Dr. Ferdinand (Fenn) Esser has been a Leader in Mercy's Health Science and Anatomy Programs:
- Former HLSC Program Director.
- Title V ACCESS Grant Activity Director.
- Anatomy Laboratory Director, Designer & Developer, and
- HLSC & Anatomy Course Instructor and Curriculum Designer & Developer.
As a Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Esser's professional clinical work has been in providing holistic health care, including utilizing an extensive aptitude in manual therapies, exercise rehabilitation, as well as nutritional guidance and lifestyle modification leadership for over three decades.
Doctor of Chiropractic, Life University, Marietta, GA
Bachelor of Science, University of the State of New York, Albany, NY
Dr. Esser teaches the following courses:
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Clinically Oriented Human Anatomy w/ Cadaver
- Introduction to the Health Professions (I. P. E. based)
- Issues in Personal Health
Dr Esser’s teaching is grounded in contextual and experiential learning, He designs his coursework to mirror a developmental teaching philosophy, to encourage student responsibility for learning, and to incorporate technology and online learning methods. He sees his role in the classroom as primarily a facilitator and mentor. He engages in culturally responsive teaching and works to encourage students to incorporate contextual perspectives and diversity in their work.