- Associate Professor, Psychology
- School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Mahoney Hall
Dr. Shinar is an Associate Professor and clinical psychologist at Mercy College and has been on the full-time faculty since 2001.
- Psy.D. degree Yeshiva University's Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Bronx, NY
- B.A. degree University of California, Irvine.
- Prevalence of Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Among an Ethnically Diverse College
- Peers Ears-Pilot Program
- Mentorship Program - Psychology Faculty and undergrads
Dr. Shinar consistently teaches Abnormal Psychology (undergraduate) and Psychopathology (graduate level) and brings decades of clinical experience to life in these two clinically focused courses. Dr. Shinar also loves introducing the field of Psychology to freshmen and sophomores by consistently teaching Psychology 101 with an emphasis on clinical, historical, and research aspects of the discipline.