- Associate Professor, Music Production and Recording Arts
- School of Liberal Arts
- VIC 202
- (914) 674-7432
- Professor Ward's Music page
Social Media Links
Associate Professor Stephen B. Ward is a composer, music technologist and experienced educator. He currently serves as the Program Director of the Music Production & Recording Arts program at Mercy College. For inquires about the program, contact him via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (914-7674-7432).
In addition to his 20+ years of teaching at Mercy College, Mr. Ward has a long service as an faculty advocate in shared governance, including significant roles serving on the Faculty Senate and Faculty Association, as well as leadership roles on Institutional and Professional Standards, Multiple-Year Contract Review, Non-Academic Policy and Faculty Development Committees.
M. Mus, New York University, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development, New York City, 2002. Major program: Music Technology with a specialization in scoring for Film, Television and Multimedia.
B. Mus., Berklee College of Music, Boston, 1987. Major in Music Production & Engineering with additional studies in Jazz Composition & Arranging and Voice.
Tufts University, Medford, MA. Additional studies in Electrical Engineering and Music.
Research interests include:
- Music for Films
- History of Music technology and its impact on the record production process
- Designing/building/testing a Eurorack synthesis system for use in live performance.
- Faculty Governance
- Faculty Handbook
- History of Music Production & Technology
- Electronic Music Production
- Electronic Music Performance
- Techniques of Underscoring
- Senior Project and Internship Advisor
- Understanding Movies
Music in Film: What is Important, a feature in Student Filmmakers Magazine