Dear Mercy Community,
The New York Department of Health has confirmed that several groups within the Mercy community are currently eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. These groups include:
- Faculty teaching in-person.
- Faculty and Staff who are 75 years or older.
- Campus health employees with patient-facing roles (including clinicians, administrative staff, and any others who interact with patients in person).
- Campus staff who administer COVID-19 tests (those who actually do swabs for sample collection).
- Students on clinical rotations who have patient-facing roles. Only SHNS students who are currently in clinicals are eligible and they will need a letter from their professor stating their eligibility.
- Campus staff/student volunteers who administer COVID-19 vaccines (those actually doing the injections, not solely in administrative roles).
To make a reservation and confirm eligibility please click here. For those located in New York City, please use this scheduling tool, available here. To view a current list of all groups eligible to make a reservation to be vaccinated, click here. Please be patient as demand for vaccines outpaces the state’s supply.
I am pleased to share that I received the vaccine on Friday, and I encourage everyone to get it when it is their turn. We will continue to provide updates as vaccine eligibility expands.
Director of Health and Wellness Programs