Business Administration: General Business Overview
If business is society's engine, Mercy University can put you in the driver’s seat. We’ll get you prepared for the complex workings of businesses and how they relate to the environment. And help you plan, organize, lead and control the direction your organization will take.
You’ll benefit from both leaders in business highly esteemed instructors. All of whom who not only have a strong grasp of the theoretical components of today's business institutions, but are also accomplished professionals with years of experience.
Business Administration graduates may seek positions such as: financial advisor, marketing manager, sales representative, bank branch manager and systems analyst.
The Mercy Advantage
- Active-learning model
- Strategic Consulting Institute - Real projects for real companies
- Investing Center - Live trading in the market
- Center for Online Marketing - Website Design, Social Media
- Center for Entrepreneurship - Start a real business
- Center for International - Travel to businesses abroad
- Center for Leadership - Communicate, Inspire, transform
- Mentoring by executives from top global companies
- Fortune 500 network
- Advisory Board Member Companies - GE, BlackRock, Apple, Pepsi
At the end of this program, students should be able to:
Evaluate the effects of globalization on the business environment
Recognize and evaluate ethical issues in business
Utilize business concepts, methods, procedures, and management information systems to facilitate strategic planning and decision making
Use oral, written, and presentation skills to communicate effectively in the professional business environment
Function effectively as team members and, where appropriate, as team leaders
Future Business Leaders Academy
This year's Future Business Leaders Academy was our most successful yet. The highly select group chosen to join us at Mercy University in Dobbs Ferry, NY learned about personal branding, matching their personalities to career paths, and visited some of the top global corporations in New York.
Frequently Asked Questions
Full-time students can complete the 120-credit degree program in four years.
Yes, the program is offered completely online.
Yes, faculty are always ready to help students with questions about what courses to take, the sequencing of courses, and career opportunities, including internships and cooperative education.
Program Details & Curriculum
General Liberal Arts and Sciences
General Education Requirements: 60 Credits
ECON 125, 210, 220, 221, and 230, MATH 116 and MATH/CISC 120 or MATH/CISC 131 are prerequisites for the major and must be used to fulfill general education requirements.
Core and Specialization
Business Administration Core: 30 Credits
Specialization: 18 Credits
Open Electives: 12 Credits
Total: 120 Credits
Download a copy of the sequence map for:
- 2022 - 2023 B.S. Business Administration: General Business
- 2021 - 2022 B.S. Business Administration: General Business
- 2021 - 2022 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- 2020 - 2021 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- 2019 - 2020 B.S. Business Administration: General Business
- 2019 - 2020 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- VIC 100