Master of Science Alternative Route Certification: School District Leader (Transitional D) 33 Credits | School of Education | Bronx, Dobbs Ferry & Online
Alternative Route Certification: School District Leader (Transitional D) Overview
The M.S. program in Alternative Route: School District Leader (Transitional D) is a 33-credit program for exceptionally qualified individuals who have employment requiring school district leadership certification. Candidates must also hold a graduate or professional degree and are able to demonstrate the nine essential characteristics of effective leaders as a result of exemplary prior service for at least three years in a leadership position.
Upon completion of this program, candidates are eligible for recommendation for School District Leader professional certification.
The successful completion of 60 semester hours or more of graduate study is required for this certification (these hours may include graduate study completed prior to admission and the graduate study required to develop knowledge and skills for school district leadership).
- Résumé (with 3 years of Leadership experience)
- Letter of Recommendation (from School District confirming employment and a Support of Commitment)
- Official Transcripts (MS degree conferred)
- Effective Educator Statement
Program Details & Curriculum
Required Courses: 33 credits
Graduates of the Alternative Route Certification: School District Leader (Transitional D) Program will act with integrity and fairness, and in an ethical manner as they demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and dispositions:
- Utilize current research findings to evaluate and modify programs and procedures in the school system.
- Become knowledgeable in the use and application of technology within the classrooms, at the school building level and from a district-wide perspective.
- Establish, articulate, and sustain a vision of student learning and professional growth that is shared and supported by all stakeholders to become effective school district leaders.
- Identify and implement district-wide professional and in-service programs to develop the human capital that will provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities of caring, critical and reflective professionals who are responsive to the needs of a diverse society.
Effective Educator Statement
Academic Program Sequence Map
Download a copy of the sequence map for: