Parking & Transportation
Parking on Campus
All students, faculty and staff are required to obtain a parking permit in order to park legally at the Dobbs Ferry and Bronx Campuses. Students may obtain a permit from the Students Services Office at any of the aforementioned locations and faculty and staff may obtain their permits from the Safety Department, Rm. 234 Main Hall, Dobbs Ferry Campus.
- Undergraduate parking permits are available only to Sophomores, Juniors, & Seniors.
- All vehicles parked on campus are required to have a Mercy College parking permit.
- Always lock your vehicle and be sure the windows are closed.
Parking Permit Types
- Commuter - available to students living off campus only. Overnight Parking is not permitted.
- Resident - available to students living on the Dobbs Ferry campus in a Residence Hall. All residents vehicles or assigned to the R-Lot and are only permitted to park on upper lots on the following dates and times Friday 7pm to Monday 2am. Visitors and Service spaces are off limits.
- Faculty- Allow to park on campus during business hours. Overnight parking is not permitted without the proper authorization. Please call Campus Safety to make the necessary arrangements.
- Staff- Allow to park on campus during business hours. Overnight parking is not permitted without the proper authorization. Please call Campus Safety to make the necessary arrangements.
- Union- Allow to park on campus during business hours. Overnight parking is not permitted without the proper authorization. Please call Campus Safety to make the necessary arrangements.
Vehicle Registration & Information
Online Vehicle Registration
The College has implemented an online vehicle registration system which can be found on Mercy Connect. The system allows for a total of two vehicle registrations.
Residential Students are not able to use the Mercy College online vehicle registration form and are required to fill out a hardcopy application. All hardcopy forms must be submitted to the Office of Residential Life located in Hudson Hall room 109.
Parking regulations are enforced by Mercy College Safety Officers at the Dobbs Ferry Campus. At the Bronx Campus this function is performed by the landlord or building managers.
Paying or Appealing a Citation
A parking citation issued by Campus Safety can be paid online at www.mercy.edu (Mercy Connect) or in person at the Student Services Office Center located at 555 Broadway Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522 between the hours of 9:00a.m. - 6:30p.m. Monday to Friday.
A citation can be paid using a credit/debit card with a Visa or MasterCard logo, Cash, Money Order or Cashier’s Check and personal check. Your payment must be made within 10 working days from the date the citation was issued to avoid a one-time ten (10) dollar late fee.
A citation must be appealed within ten (10) working days from the date the citation was issued.
When visiting Mercy College, please do not park in non-college parking areas on the perimeter of campus. Please park in the Visitor spaces or any available space on campus.
Parking for visitors to the campus is limited, and designated spaces are few. A visitor who cannot find a parking space in a visitor area may park in any other available unreserved parking space, providing a visitor permit has been obtained from the Gatehouse.
If you have additional questions about parking for a special needs visitor, please contact our office at 914-674-7225.
Visiting Campus Residents
Guest permits are available on Friday afternoon for persons visiting campus residents for the weekend. Guest permits can be obtained from the Campus Safety office on Fridays. Guest are not allow to park overnight during the following days Monday through Thursday.
Although Mercy College prefers that neither vehicles nor personal property be left on the premises overnight, we understand that it is occasionally necessary to do so. Though we provide security to all lots, we do not assume responsibility for any damage or theft which may occur to your property.
If you intend to leave your vehicle parked overnight, you will need prior written approval from the Department of Campus Safety. This information will alert the officers of your vehicle. Only vehicles with a Mercy College decal are allowed to use Mercy College lots. Any vehicle parked on Mercy College property that is not registered with the Department of Campus Safety will be towed or booted at the owner's expense.
If approved, please utilize the lower lot behind the basketball courts, unless approval has been given to utilize a different lot.
Car exceeding 48 hours are require to leave vehicle keys with the Department of Safety. Please know that in times of extreme weather conditions Safety may be force to move your vehicle to another lot to allow the lot to be cleaned. In the event your vehicle needs to be moved, a call will be place to the numbers provided in the form below informing you of the need to move your vehicle. Please submit all forms to Campus Safety and necessary requested items.
Handicap spaces are available in multiple locations on campus. Individuals with permanent physical disabilities will be accommodated in accordance with Mercy College, State of New York, and federal regulations. Parking in designated handicap spaces requires a state-issued disability plate or placard in addition to a Mercy College Permit.
If you have special requirements for mobility, you must contact the Disability Services Office. The Disability Office will coordinate with the Office of Campus Safety and Human Resources to determine the best solution for your needs. They can be reached at (914) 674–7523.
Due to the expected reduced capacity of students, faculty and staff on campus this fall, the College will be making changes to the shuttle availability and schedules.
- The Bronx to Dobbs Ferry Shuttle will run on a reduced schedule with limited capacity to maintain social distance guidelines.
- The Westchester Square to Bronx Shuttle will run on a limited schedule.
- The following shuttles will be discontinued until further notice: Palisades (as noted above), Ardsley Train Station, Tarrytown and Hotel. Needs for these shuttles will be reevaluated on an ongoing basis.
In keeping with CDC recommended cleaning protocols, all Mercy run shuttles will receive enhanced cleaning at the end of each day and will be wiped down after every trip. Masks worn properly over nose and mouth will be required for the entire trip by the drivers and passengers.
- The Passio Go! App tracks, in real time, Mercy’s shuttle locations and routes. It is accessible via smartphones, tablets and desktop computers and can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. Once you have downloaded the app, scroll through the list of schools and choose Mercy College. You will then be able to view the routes on a single page.
- No Shuttle Service during these holidays: Labor day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving (28 & 29), Christmas Break (December 22-January 5), Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Spring Break (March 22-29).
- Fall 2021 - Spring 2022 Shuttle Schedule
NJ Transit Discount
Mercy College and NJ Transit have partnered to offer full-time undergraduate and graduate students 25% off the regular price of a monthly rail, bus or light rail pass.
In order to receive this special pricing, students must enroll through NJ Transit's Quick-Tik program. The link can be found in your Mercy Connect Account.
What is Quik-Tik?
Quik-Tik offers the convenience of auto-pay combined with online account management. You will receive your student monthly pass directly through the mail and your credit card will be automatically billed.
It's Important to Remember:
- You must sign up by the 10th of the month to receive your monthly pass for travel during the next month. (Enrollment must be completed on or before the 10th of the previous month to receive the pass for the next month)
- A non-refundable $3 processing fee will be applied each month, in addition to the fare for the pass
- After you enroll for Quik-Tik, you will receive a new monthly pass in the mail each month unless you choose to suspend your account
- If you choose to suspend your monthly pass (winter or summer break), you will need to reactivate your account once again through Mercy Connect (this will verify enrollment)
- Students who participate in this program agree that the monthly pass is for their exclusive use only. Each student is eligible to receive one discounted monthly pass per month. Passes are non-transferable. Any abuse or purposeful deception will result in the cancelation of the student's monthly pass account and (s)he will be unable to participate in the program in the future. This will also apply to any other student who is knowingly involved.
For any additional questions about Quik-Tik, contact: Quik-Tik (866) Quik-Tik
Dobbs Ferry Campus is located just a short walk from the Ardsley-on-Hudson on the Hudson Line.
Shuttle service available to the New Rochelle campus. Please refer to schedule.
MTA eTix ® - Mobile ticketing app that lets you purchase and use Metro-North Railroad tickets directly on your smartphone or mobile device.
Other Transportation Information
Carpool Incentives Program
WHO: Any staff member, full-time faculty member or commuter student.
WHEN: One full semester, Monday through Thursday.
WHERE: There are designated carpool parking spots on the DF Campus.
WHY: The carpool program is based on the following tiers and each person in the carpool will be given the incentive, regardless of whose vehicle is used.
Tier 1: 2 or 3 people per car – each person receives $100 per semester
Tier 2: 4 or more people per car – each person receives $200 per semester
HOW & OTHER RULES:
- Everyone in the group must register together at the Campus Safety Office in Main Hall and have a Mercy College Parking Decal.
- Commuter students can pick up decals from the Office of Enrollment Services, Mercy Hall, Dobbs Ferry. Faculty and staff can pick up decals from the Department of Campus Safety, Main Hall.
- Only ONE vehicle can park on campus at a time (Monday-Thursday). Parking is monitored.
- THREE days will be allowed in the semester for those days that you are unable to ride in a carpool. Automatic disqualification for all carpoolers if more days are taken.
- Carpool permit hangtags MUST be returned at the end of the semester.
All schedules times are approximate. Timetables and other information on this page are subject to change. We make every effort to post an accurate schedule; however, travel times may change as a result of school activities and traffic conditions including road construction and inclement weather. Please allow for extra travel time during these instances.
Shuttles are a free service for students, faculty and staff, with presentation of a valid Mercy ID card.
• Have the required Mercy ID card ready when boarding the shuttle bus. This ensures that the shuttle will remain on schedule and not delay fellow passengers. Drivers are instructed to be firm on the ID policy especially for the Bronx campus shuttle.
• Allow passengers to exit before boarding the bus. If you stand to the left of the door, passengers can disembark to the right, and it will reduce boarding time.
• When capacity reaches standing room, move toward the back of the bus for others to get on. For safety reasons, stay behind the yellow line and avoid standing or sitting in the stairwells.
• No open food or drink, littering or smoking allowed on the bus.
• Drivers will not allow passenger to board and disembark the bus unless it is at an established stop.
• Keep your volume down as not everyone shares your interest in music or conversation.
• Please check for all personal possessions before disembarking the vehicle.
If you want to share some feedback about your shuttle experience, please share it with Transportation Services and not directly with the driver. Some comments can make it stressful for the driver. With safety in mind, any feedback is better shared when the driver is not driving on a route. Contact Transportation Services at email@example.com, 914-888-5230.
Report any suspicious activity immediately.
Non-emergency situation (Staffed 24/7)
Dobbs Ferry - (914) 674-7225
Non-emergency situation (Staffed during work hours)
- Bronx - (718) 678-8983
- Manhattan - (212) 615-3319
The Department of Campus Safety is located in Main Hall 234 and is open 5 days a week from 9 am - 5pm.
The Command Center in Founders Hall is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.