Dear Mercy Community,
Effective March 30, the New York State Department of Health has expanded eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine to include New Yorkers age 30 and older. Also, beginning Tuesday, April 6, all New Yorkers age 16 and older will be eligible to be vaccinated.
Below is a list of current groups who are eligible to receive the COVD-19 vaccine based on New York State guidelines (updates in bold):
- Individuals 30 years and older. Individuals must show proof of residency and age.
- Beginning Tuesday, April 6, all New Yorkers age 16 and older will be eligible. (Only the Pfizer vaccine is authorized for individuals 16+, the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccines are authorized for individuals 18+).
- College staff working remotely because they are not vaccinated but would begin working in person once they have been vaccinated. (Please contact Human Resources at HR@mercy.edufor an eligibility letter.)
- Essential in-person college staff
- Individuals with comorbidities, to view list click here
- Individuals who are immunocompromised.
- Faculty teaching in-person
- Campus health employees with patient-facing roles (including clinicians, administrative staff, and any others who interact with patients in-person).
- Campus staff who administer COVID-19 tests (those who actually do swabs for sample collection).
- Students on clinical rotations who have patient-facing roles. Only SHNS students who are currently in clinicals are eligible and they will need a letter from their professor stating their eligibility.
- Campus staff/student volunteers who administer COVID-19 vaccines (those actually doing the injections, not solely in administrative roles).
- Individuals who meet the conditions above and work in New York and reside in another state.
As a reminder, here is the process to determine eligibility and make an appointment:
- Click here to view New York State vaccination guidance on eligibility.
- Individuals must confirm eligibility and make a reservation through the New York State website, here. Please note that New York State is requiring that individuals receive both doses of the vaccine in the same location.
- For those located in New York City, please use the scheduling tool available here.
- For a list of current regional vaccination locations, click here.
- Beginning March 17, 2021 all sites can vaccinate all eligible individuals, except pharmacies which can only vaccinate those 50 years and older, high risk medical staff, school staff and childcare workers.
- Individuals will need to bring proof of their eligibility to their appointment. Accepted forms of eligibility include an employee ID, pay stub, or letter from Mercy. The College will provide letters of eligibility to bring to your appointment (see above).
We will continue to provide updates as they are received. For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
Director of Health and Wellness Programs