Getting Started for Students
Before you arrive on campus
Step 1: Familiarize yourself with your Mercy email account
Step 2: Get Mercy College free mobile app
Step 3: See what mobile devices Mercy College supports
Step 4: Find cell phone plan discounts
If you’re shopping for a new cell plan or thinking of re-upping with your current carrier, you might be able to save some money. See mobile discount plans available to students
Step 5: Secure your devices, data, and identity
Step 6: Create a backup plan for your data
Don’t wait for a hard drive crash or software glitch to ruin your 50-page research paper the night before it’s due. Set up a backup plan now and avoid a meltdown later.
Once on campus
Step 1: Connect to Mercy’s network and the internet
Step 2: Locate computer labs and printers
Step 3: Review available resources on IT website
Getting help with technology
The IT helpdesk is available to help your daughter or son at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (914)674-7526.
OBTAINING YOUR MERCY COLLEGE CONNECT ACCOUNT
- Log onto https://connect.mercy.edu
- Click on "Get your Username and Password"
- Enter the required information
- Click Submit.
- This will provide you with your username and pin number for Mercy Connect and Blackboard, the College's online course system.
LOGGING INTO MERCY CONNECT
- Enter your Username and Password
- Click Login
ACCESSING YOUR @MERCY.EDU E-MAIL
- Click E-mail on the top right on Mercy Connect
- This will take you to your @mercy.edu e-mail account