Bachelor of Science Business Administration: Finance 120 Credits | School of Business | Bronx, Dobbs Ferry & Manhattan
B.S. in Business Administration: Finance
Learn in one of the few trading room classrooms in the nation, which offers live Bloomberg technology and real-time market data.
If you want a career in finance, this is the program for you. The finance specialization has two tracks:
Finance/Accounting Track: Prepares you for finance careers in business organizations and health care, government, and non-profit organizations.
The Finance/Economics Track: Prepares students for careers in the financial services industry.
Graduates may pursue careers in financial services, business, health care, government and non-profit organizations.
What You'll Get
The Mercy Advantage
- Work on real projects for real companies at the Strategic Consulting Institute
- Wall Street live trading in the market
- Learn in our trading room with Bloomberg Terminals
- Student managed investment fund
- Faculty and leadership team with real experience from Fortune 500 companies
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does earning a degree take?
Full-time students can complete the 120-credit degree program in four years.
Are department faculty available for academic advising?
Yes, faculty are always ready to help students with questions about what courses to take, the sequencing of courses, and career opportunities, including internships and cooperative education.
Program Details & Curriculum
Bachelor of Science
General Liberal Arts and Sciences
General Education Requirements: 60 Credits
ECON 125, 220, 221, and 230, MATH 116 and MATH/CISC 120 or MATH/CISC 131 are prerequisites for the major and must be used to fulfill general education requirements.
Core and Specialization
Business Administration Core: 30 Credits
Specialization: 18 Credits
Open Electives: 12 Credits
Total: 120 Credits
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Evaluate the effects of globalization on the business environment
- Recognize and evaluate ethical issues in business
- Utilize business concepts, methods, procedures, and management information systems to facilitate strategic planning and decision making
- Use oral, written, and presentation skills to communicate effectively in the professional business environment
- Function effectively as team members and, where appropriate, as team leaders
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental principles and key concepts in finance
- Assess the legal, economic, and social aspects of a financial management decision
Academic Sequence Map
Download a copy of the sequence map for:
- 2020 - 2021 B.S. Business Administration: Finance
- 2020 - 2021 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- 2019 - 2020 B.S. Business Administration: Finance
- 2019 - 2020 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- 2018 - 2019 B.S. Business Administration: Finance
- 2018 - 2019 B.S./MBA Business Administration
- 2017 - 2018 B.S. Business Administration: Finance
- 2017 - 2018 B.S./MBA Business Administration