Master of Science Business Analytics 30 Credits | School of Business | Manhattan
Business Analytics Overview
The Master of Science in Business Analytics prepares its graduates for employment in a high growth area of the economy. The program is offered to candidates who wish to enter or advance their careers in that field.
Business Analytics graduates are in high demand, as the business world is undergoing a data revolution. Most companies are now gathering data with the objective of driving business decisions, and there is an identified and pressing lack of skilled graduates at the intersection of business and data science.
- Financial analyst
- Management analyst
- Marketing analyst
- Operations research analyst
- Operations manager
- Analytics consultant
4 Core Competencies
- Business acumen
- Applied mathematical modeling
- Computer programming skills (for business)
- Impactful communication of analyses and results
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Candidates will submit an application package containing:
- Personal Statement ( motivations, career plans, etc.)
- Academic transcript of bachelor's degree
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to complete the Business Analytics Degree
The degree can be completed in one year.
Where are classes offered?
Classes are offered in Manhattan. Some courses are also offered online.
Are there scholarships available?
There are a limited number of scholarships available for graduate business students.
Visit our Scholarships page for additional information.
Do most students work while enrolled?
Yes. Many find the workload challenging but manageable.
Are GMATs required?
No, GMATs are not required for admittance to Mercy’s Business Analytics Program. They may be used optionally.
How do I apply to Mercy College?
Students interested in Graduate Business programs should apply to the college through BusinessCAS.
Those interested in the Winter 2020 term should apply to the college through our Graduate Online Application.
Program Details & Curriculum
Business Analytics M.S. Curriculum
Business Analytics Courses: 30 Credits
Total: 30 Credits
Academic Program Sequence Map
Program Learning Goals
- Students are expected to develop a comprehensive understanding of how data flows within an organization and how data and associated tools add value to the organization
- Students are expected to demonstrate the ability to apply quantitative methods to manipulate data in order to formulate strategic insights with it
- Students are expected to demonstrate effective professional written, oral, and presentation skills of complex quantitative data
- Student are expected develop a broader perspective of the future of analytics and emerging tools and methodologies
- Students are expected to evaluate ethical issues in analyzing, utilizing, and managing data
- Students are expected to develop awareness of the benefits and limitations of data and technology in order to most effectively utilize it in decision-making